Adult softball leagues booted from Trinity Bellwoods Park

Co-Ed teams, Local sports, University games? This is the place.
argo1
Site Admin

Adult softball leagues booted from Trinity Bellwoods Park

Post by argo1 » 24 Aug 2018, 10:46

Adult softball leagues cut from Trinity Bellwoods Park next season for hitting home runs

Players are 'exceeding the skill level,' councillor says

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/s ... -1.4794312
The change will affect two of Bellwoods' three city-owned ball diamonds — the centre and south fields. But adult leagues will still be able to play on the larger northeast diamond, near the corner of Dundas Street West and Gore Vale Avenue, Arbour says.

Kathryn Money called the move a "critical" issue for teams who rely on the diamonds and urged the city to find a different way to address concerns, such as exploring another type of softball that doesn't travel as far in the air or offering enforcement help that prevents people from walking into play.

Robi

Re: Adult softball leagues booted from Trinity Bellwoods Park

Post by Robi » 24 Aug 2018, 22:46

What!? I never heard of being punished for being more skilled than other players. This is insanity! Just because they are hitting the ball far doesn't mean they should be kicked out. Put up a fence!

fuelinjected

Post by fuelinjected » 25 Aug 2018, 21:53

Robi wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 22:46
What!? I never heard of being punished for being more skilled than other players. This is insanity! Just because they are hitting the ball far doesn't mean they should be kicked out. Put up a fence!
It is an issue of possibly injuring people passing by in the park. I think it is fair to tell them to find somewhere else to play.

Yokianpr

Post by Yokianpr » 27 Aug 2018, 14:31

These are grown women who are hitting the ball too far and it is becoming an issue of safety. They either need to invest in some kind of wall in this park or they have to only allow younger people, like children, to play there.