Thoughts on Vlad Guerrero Jr.?

Robi

Re: Thoughts on Vlad Guerrero Jr.?

Post by Robi » 17 Aug 2018, 00:41

erik wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 00:49
Oh okay well that makes a little more sense. Like if it was just an age thing, then I can't grasp that. He is a solid player already but I can understand wanting to see him actually play in the big leagues to get a fair assessment of his talents.
Age is a big thing that turns people away in baseball. Younger players aren't yet adjusted to the pros and often are overrated.

erik

Post by erik » 23 Aug 2018, 00:50

Robi wrote:
17 Aug 2018, 00:41
erik wrote:
Oh okay well that makes a little more sense. Like if it was just an age thing, then I can't grasp that. He is a solid player already but I can understand wanting to see him actually play in the big leagues to get a fair assessment of his talents.
Age is a big thing that turns people away in baseball. Younger players aren't yet adjusted to the pros and often are overrated.
"often overrated"? I can't agree with that. I think some are but most aren't. The top dudes in the US are scouting these men. They know what to look for and can predict if a player will be great or superb even if they are still in their teens or early 20's.

Robi

Post by Robi » 24 Aug 2018, 22:09

erik wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 00:50
Robi wrote:
erik wrote:
"often overrated"? I can't agree with that. I think some are but most aren't. The top dudes in the US are scouting these men. They know what to look for and can predict if a player will be great or superb even if they are still in their teens or early 20's.
Why not? How many guys every year get hyped up that end up having mediocre careers. Sure, some do end up good or even great but nowhere near where they were projected to be.

erik

Post by erik » 27 Aug 2018, 14:23

Robi wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 22:09
erik wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 00:50
Robi wrote:

Why not? How many guys every year get hyped up that end up having mediocre careers. Sure, some do end up good or even great but nowhere near where they were projected to be.
You are over generalizing. There is no way you have access to that kind of information to make that bold of a statement. If it is just an opinion, fine but you are stating it like it is a fact.