Coke and Kobe

NFL, Premier League, Sport politics, everything else
Yokianpr

Coke and Kobe

Post by Yokianpr » 14 Aug 2018, 16:34

So Coke has plans to take on Pepsi with their own sports drink using Kobe as the front-runner. They will be competing with the long-standing Gatorade and I think they have a shot at taking them over. I was actually surprised this didn't happen sooner.

revterb

Re: Coke and Kobe

Post by revterb » 15 Aug 2018, 19:12

Is there a name for it yet? Someone I know was talking about this yesterday. I couldn't find anything on it other than a deal has been made between Kobe and Coke.
“Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.”

Robi

Post by Robi » 17 Aug 2018, 00:49

revterb wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 19:12
Is there a name for it yet? Someone I know was talking about this yesterday. I couldn't find anything on it other than a deal has been made between Kobe and Coke.

Forgot one big detail to this. There is a third party who can possibly make this a huge brand drink in sports.

erik

Post by erik » 23 Aug 2018, 01:09

I don't know if they can compete with Gatorade but I would love to see them try!

I feel like there is so little room for growth in the sports market that anything new like this sounds more appealing and like a great idea while it is still on paper.

revterb

Post by revterb » 24 Aug 2018, 01:15

erik wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 01:09
I don't know if they can compete with Gatorade but I would love to see them try!

I feel like there is so little room for growth in the sports market that anything new like this sounds more appealing and like a great idea while it is still on paper.
Have you ever drank Gatorade? It tastes disgusting. If they can make an electrolyte drink that tastes better than that piss they call a sports drink, I would GLADLY welcome it with open arms. The only Gatorade I ever liked was the rain kind and I can't find that anywhere anymore.
“Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.”

erik

Post by erik » 27 Aug 2018, 14:24

revterb wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 01:15
erik wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 01:09

Have you ever drank Gatorade? It tastes disgusting. If they can make an electrolyte drink that tastes better than that piss they call a sports drink, I would GLADLY welcome it with open arms. The only Gatorade I ever liked was the rain kind and I can't find that anywhere anymore.
lol yes I have, I honestly don't care for any sports drinks. If they can make it taste great, they may get some sales out of me.