Liljegren for defense?

Darylbug

Liljegren for defense?

Post by Darylbug » 26 Aug 2018, 22:42

“I’ve got to be stronger to play in the NHL,” Liljegren said Sunday at the NHLPA Rookie Showcase where 2018-19 hockey card pictures were taken for Upper Deck. “I’ve focused on conditioning, being faster and gaining some muscle. You have to be able to push guys up the boards and stop the play. That’s something I have to show at training camp. I watched all the defencemen on the Marlies and we had some veterans (Justin Holl, Vincent LoVerde, Martin Marincin) and then Travis Dermott went up (spending the second half with the Leafs). It was fun to see and learn what he brought back.”
There is an entire article about this you can read here: https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nh ... fs-defence

I mean to me, he sounds like a promising rookie who could actually fit the lineup for the Leafs. He has to adjust and has done so which shows he is able to mold himself into different situations on the ice.

erik

Re: Liljegren for defense?

Post by erik » 27 Aug 2018, 14:19

I know very little about him but the way he talks about himself and his experiences and knowing he can adjust himself is a really good sign.

Yokianpr

Re: Liljegren for defense?

Post by Yokianpr » 27 Aug 2018, 14:34

I think he can offer up some new styles that other teams will have to adjust to given his background so I would love to see him on the team myself.