John Gibbons... Why is he such a hothead?

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Darylbug
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

John Gibbons... Why is he such a hothead?

Post by Darylbug » 19 Aug 2018, 18:59

He was ejected for getting heated in today's loss against the Yankees.

He got right in the first base ump's face too. I mean he straight lost it. I get being frustrated but isn't this a bad look on the Jays?

Johnbelley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: John Gibbons... Why is he such a hothead?

Post by Johnbelley » 21 Aug 2018, 23:37

A lot of coaches and assistants, managers, etc. are. They just don't show it as often. I think his reaction was fair given the quality of that game. I would have likely been pissed about it too. I was at home swearing over it lol

erik

Post by erik » 23 Aug 2018, 01:05

Johnbelley wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 23:37
A lot of coaches and assistants, managers, etc. are. They just don't show it as often. I think his reaction was fair given the quality of that game. I would have likely been pissed about it too. I was at home swearing over it lol
Yeah man I was kind of heated about this too. When the team loses, you can help it. I can't imagine being part of the team like John. I would have done more than mouthed off and yelled, I may have started throwing stuff lol

revterb

Post by revterb » 24 Aug 2018, 01:51

It isn't just Gibbons. Look around the league, heck look in all sports. These men are passionate about the sport and their teams that is why they react the way they do. I would rather see this during a bad game then someone crying on the bench or not reacting at all.
“Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.”

Robi

Post by Robi » 24 Aug 2018, 22:42

I mean I find it funny when dudes lose their cool like this but I find it funny in general when anyone does. As long as they don't get carried away and affect the team negatively, I see nothing wrong with expressing frustration.

fuelinjected

Post by fuelinjected » 25 Aug 2018, 22:03

As already mentioned, it is actually better he shows he has a passion for the team then just sits there and does nothing. Most coaches get heated during a loss, especially if things are unfairly called.

Johnbelley

Post by Johnbelley » 27 Aug 2018, 03:10

erik wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 01:05
Johnbelley wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 23:37
Yeah man I was kind of heated about this too. When the team loses, you can help it. I can't imagine being part of the team like John. I would have done more than mouthed off and yelled, I may have started throwing stuff lol
Exactly. I expect the players to be more rational and level-headed than the coaches. If you get pissed as a player, you are likely going to start fighting another player.

erik

Post by erik » 27 Aug 2018, 14:22

I remember growing up, I had a coach that would lose it a lot. The parents actually complained about it. Myself as well as 7 others on the team stuck up for him and said his excitement to see us play and win is what drove us to be excited.